Find out why people love The Grinning Gourmand!
My wife and I were recently were married in Mexico and thus planned to have a cocktail party for 70 of those who could not make the trip. I heard great things about the Grinning Gourmand, so we decided to try them out-via the catering option. Upon receiving the menu, we knew we had something special.
The food creations were quite unique and spanned a wide range of genres. After selecting our menu, we contacted the Grinning Gourmand and arranged our service. The service options were quite flexible, which was great for as we had our family willing to help out in the event. We got rave reviews about the food! Almost everyone asked us where we got it from and told us how good it was. We could not have been pleased more about the freshness the quality and most all the unique flavours of the menu. I would recommend the Grinning Gourmand experience to
anyone who is looking for high quality, fresh, Gourmet creations that are set out to impress.
I had the opportunity to taste The Grinning Gourmand's catering this summer at a wedding I attended and it was the best wedding fare I've ever tasted!! I've been going into their cafe ever since and Paul's food has become a staple in my fridge and freezer at home. So happy they've come to Burlington!
We have frequented The Grinning Gourmand for lunch and been to many parties where they have catered and it has always been fantastic. We decided to try out their Tuscan Thursday's and we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. We had some wonderful food cooked by Paul and Cary was (as always) making sure everyone was having a wonderful time.
Check it out you won't be disappointed.
- Bob and Pearl
What a wonderful place. I love it because the menu is changing everyday. I go in and there is always some new creation that Paul has made in the kitchen. Everything he has made has so much flavour and his soups are to die for! As for Cary who handles the front she is an absolute beauty. Quick to
smile and always asking how the family is. There is a loyal following in Burlington due in part to their ability to treat everytone as if they were their own family. The catering is fantastic as well and I have used them on many occasions.
The Grinning Gourmand - Successful Events
In the 6 years that we have been here in Burlington we have built up quite a substantial client base for catering.
Some of our successes include:
- We are a preferred caterer for the brand new Burlington Performing Arts Centre.
- The Caroline Medical Group grand opening on Harvester Road was a huge success of which 200 guests attended.
- Waxman Industrial Grand Opening 2010 had 800 guests.
- Mohawk College has used The Grinning Gourmand since 2008 for their end of year convocation ceremony for 2,500 guests. The Grinning Gourmand also caters the Mohawk College Presidential Dinner that is held at the house of former Mayor, Rob McIsaac.
- Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital end of year committee social.
- Hatch Engineering firm has used The Grinning Gourmand for the past six years for their annual executive Christmas dinner for 130 guests
- The Burlington Firemans Annual Charity Event 2011 for 750 guests.
For smaller events, we have clients located in the Roseland and Lakeshore areas and have catered everything from small intimate dinner parties to large backyard weddings.